I'm a Christian, but I have to make it clear what I believe since a lot of people call themselves Christians.
- I believe that the Bible is the Word of God.
- I believe that in the plenary inspiration of the Bible (every word is verbaly inspired by God), and I believe that as such, it is infallible (there is no error in the Word of God).
- I also believe, as a Baptist, that there is only one requirement to be saved.
- I believe that Jesus Christ was the only begotten Son of God, and that he died on the cross, took the punishment for our sins by doing so, and rose again the third day.
- I believe that there are only two ordinances mentioned in the Bible, Baptism and the Lord's Supper.
- I believe that Christ's return is immanent (could happen at any time) and that all of those that are believers will be raptured at His return.
- I believe that after seven years of tribulation, the Lord will return with his saints and rule for one thousand years, after which He will cast Satan into the lake of fire.
- I believe that He will then rule forever and that all believers will be present with Him.
Because I stand so strongly on Biblical principles and teachings, I am often labeled as legalistic or Pharisaical. Let me outline what I believe about Biblical principles to help clarify myself. =)
- I believe that even though we as Christians are no longer under Hebrew Law, the law contains principles of how God wanted and wants to be worshiped. Because God never changes, His preferences are the same. However, because the Jews were set apart to specially represent God during that dispensation, He set very strict guidelines for them to follow concerning their worship of Jehovah and how they were meant to live. Because we are in a different dispensation, we are not under the law, however, we still need to recognize that we can't just worship God silly-nilly however we want. Many people live according to the belief that we can live our lives the way we want to, if we only do things to the glory of God. That is not true, however, because many things offend God, whether or not we do them to His glory. Therefore, it is important to have a correct interpretation of Scriptures in order to know what exactly it is that glorifies God.
- More to come. =)
I am a fan of windows and the color purple. =D
My friends here on the wiki include:
- and many more...
Here are some pictures that I like. =)